Thursday, April 3, 2008

Be Inspired - Dream Big

I Have a Dream...


That one day men, women and children from all over the world will travel to the beautiful beaches of Mombasa, Kenya to spend time with Shawna Renee and her family at the award willing (don't have a name yet) Holistic Bed & Breakfast.
In fact, this has been a dream of mine for the last few years, one that I remind everyone who dares ask the question "where do you see yourself in 10 years"?


Back in 2005, as the 1st step of my preparation to take the B&B world by storm, I spent a summer as an apprentice at the beautiful Akwaaba Inn in Washington DC. Melody, the innkeeper at the time, taught me so much about the hospitality business but more importantly, she taught me the importance of creating a relaxed and friendly environment for your guests. From week to week you never knew who would show up for a quiet weekend retreat. One group that stands out in my mind, included 8 sisters who traveled from all over the country to get together to celebrate sisterhood with cultural tours of Washington DC, Yoga Classes, Massages and conversation. I'll never forget how grateful they were for the hospitality. It felt so good to be a part of their joy.

Although I'm pretty busy these days with my job(s), motherhood and life in general this dream of one day owning my own spot sits patiently in the back of my being waiting for it's time to shine. That's how I know it's real. Do you have a dream that demands to be set free and released to the world through you? Don't ignore it. Stay focused. Be Patient. Be ready. because when it's time - It's time.

Cocoas you'll be the 1st to know when the doors of my (yet to be named) Holistic Bed and Breakfast opens in Mombasa. I'll even extend a 20% off discount to my readers and listeners! In the meantime check out the Akwaaba Inns and learn more about the beautiful city of Mombasa. If you decide to pack up and head to Eden (some think Eden - as in the Garden of - was located on the Eastern Coast of Kenya) check out the place that inspired my dream, Shaanti Holistic Retreat
Let em' know Shawna Renee sent you.


Later Cocoas...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your vision for the "Holistic Bed and Breakfast opens in Mombasa" is a great one and I look forward to hearing about it progress from idea to reality, Cocoa!

COCOA MODE