Friday, June 13, 2008

Don't Blame it on Rio

I just got through listening to the show. And here's the thing - I don't think brothers go to Brazil on an elaborate attempt to shortchange or abandon sisters. It's another version of going to Cancun or the Essence Festival or Freaknik in its day. I don't understand why sisters would really get mad about it. Haven't Black women gone to the islands for some years now? Like the old Eddie Murphy "Dexter St. Jacque" joke? Or in real life, Terri McMillan aka Stella? So I'm just saying its not that serious. If cats are saying that Black women aren't giving them what they want sexually, then obviously they have made attempts with sisters. Superhero, Cocoa Mode listener

I told you we were going to keep it real and we did. In case you missed it, my interview with author Jewel Woods will be available for download Monday, June 16th after 5:00pm. I've also invited Jewel to join me for a special Cocoa Mode Online podcast so check back for more details next week. In the meantime, feel free to leave your questions and comments about today's show below. I'm especially looking forward to hearing from men who have traveled to Brazil.

FYI: Beginning June 19th Cocoa Mode in the Eagles Nest will air every Thursday at 8:00am ET on the Power 169.





No comments:

COCOA MODE